This policy describes how we collect, use and look after the information you provide us.
● Initial Consultation Reviews
● KJC Fee proposals
● Phone Calls
● Social Network Communication including Facebook Messaging
Information you give us
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence including you name, your contact details (email address, mobile phone number, landline, and your address or addresses). If you have contacted us via social media eg Facebook, we may contact you via those platforms.
We do not collect any special categories of personal information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data, information on criminal convictions or disability) unless offered by yourself.
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- With your consent.
- Where we need to contact you e.g. to follow up an enquiry or fee proposal
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Where you authorise KJC Architects Ltd to contact a third party supplier on your behalf.
As we do not email news letters or bulletins with updates on projects, we do not offer the facility to opt in or out.
Use of Data
During the time you work/worked with KJC Architects, KJC Architects may make contact with you via the means listed below in the following ways:
We will send you communications relating to your project as follows:
- Reminder emails about your planning application.
- Updates on progress of your project on site.
- Appointments that may be required with other external consultants/contractors.
- Feedback from planners, contractors or external bodies.
- Outstanding invoices.
- Correspondence relating to fee proposals or ongoing projects
- Follow up communication regarding projects and proposals
- We will not use social media or MMS to communicate with you unless at your request.
- From 25th May 2018 Consent will be gained through our fee proposal and initial design review notes. You can alter your preferences as described below.
Photographs, Sketches, Rendering and Drawings
- As per KJC Architects appointment terms and conditions, KJC Architects have a copyright over any sketch, render or drawing produced by them and can be used on the KJC website or other media outlets. No personal data of any client will be included in drawings or sketches uploaded to the KJCA website or any other media outlet unless consent is given by the client.
- No specific contact information will be associated to the drawings, sketches or renderings.
- Photographs of client’s properties will never be used without the consent of the client in advance.
Marketing and sharing of information
We do not pass your details to third parties without the permission of our clients, for example to builders, contractors, planning officers etc. Upon finishing your term/terms with KJC Architects, correspondence from us will largely cease. KJC Architects may occasionally contact you by email to enquire about your project to get an update on progress.
Subject to the service you have received from KJC Architects, we will keep your contact details and details of your project for a minimum of 3 years if we have submitted an planning application for you, to comply with the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 or a minimum of 6-12 years if we have administered a construction contract for your project to comply with the relevant warranties.
If at any time you want to alter your preferences or request that KJC Architects to stop communication with you then you should contact us as described below.
The Data Protection Act 1998
At KJC Architects we look after your details carefully. We adhere to the requirements of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and we are seeking to become compliant with the new GDPR policy coming into being from 25th May 2018.
Accessing your Personal Data held by KJC Architects.
You have the right to ask KJC Architects in writing, for a copy of all the personal data held about you. This is known as a 'data subject access request'. Upon request, we will collate the data requested and send it to you within the 30 day maximum period as stipulated by GDPR May 2018.
Please apply in writing to:
44 Stafford Road,
Reporting Data breaches
Any unauthorised breach of data, including destruction, loss or unauthorised access will be reported to the ICO and in certain situations any affected clients. KJC Architects will investigate, detect and report any data breaches.
The Right to be Forgotten
As a KJC Architects client, you have the right to have all personal data erased. Clients can make this request verbally or in writing. KJCA will have 1 month to respond to the request and action the request. KJCA is not responsible for the removal of information of projects within other companies or public bodies, such as local authorities, party wall surveyors or engineers.
Right to Rectification
Any KJCA client can request for their personal details to be rectified or completed if they are incomplete. This request can be made verbally or in writing and KJCA have one calendar month to respond to the request.
This right is closely linked to the controller’s obligations under the accuracy principle of the GDPR (Article (5)(1)(d))
Right to Access
All KJCA clients have a right to access their personal data, which is commonly referred to as subject access. This request can be made verbally or in writing and KJCA have one calendar month to respond to the request.
Right to Object
Every KJC client has the right to object to the processing of their data in certain circumstances and have an absolute right to stop it being used for direct marketing. This request can be made verbally or in writing and KJCA have one calendar month to respond to the objection.
Verifying, updating and amending your personal information
We aim to keep your records as up-to-date as possible. If, at any time, you want to verify, update or amend your personal data or preferences please contact us in writing at the above address or by email on email@example.com
You can also opt-out of future communications at any time by writing to at the above address or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please allow up for 1 calendar month for us to amend your details.
For more information on GDPR please visit: